5 Secrets to Improve Your Chances of Success
When you want to achieve a goal, you focus on that desire. You can create a focus or vision board about it, formulate a list of the steps, and take action to put it into motion. But if the overall tendency of your thoughts isn't optimistic, even if you're generally positive about your goal, then you'll have a hard time bringing it into reality.
For instance, suppose you want to start a new business. You get all the paperwork in order, market your product or service, and have some limited success. The quality of your success depends not only on your belief that you'll achieve it, but on whether you have a pessimistic or optimistic outlook. If your thoughts are predominantly negative, you'll have an uphill battle.
Although focusing on the specific outcome you want is necessary to achieve the desired result, that's not the complete picture. The subconscious acts on the average of your thoughts. If your negative thoughts outweigh your positive ones, then achieving success is going to be like dragging an anvil uphill over a rocky path.
Focusing only on your goal and its plan is like exercising to improve one single area of your body. If you only work on strengthening your stomach muscles, you'll get mediocre abs and the rest of your body will be in poor shape. But if you exercise the rest of your body too, you'll find that it increases the response of your abdoman to its workout. This is because the condition of your whole body is now balanced and can support the other muscles that help the abs. Whole body training is much more effective than spot training.
When you improve your overall attitude towards life, to become more optimistic, you'll find that success comes to you much easier and more quickly. Your subconscious is instructed by your belief that change is possible and good things can happen in an instant. By addressing your supporting consciousness, more energy can be channeled into fulfilling your goal. As a result, you may bump into a contact who can open doors for you, or have opportunities drop into your lap.
Here are 5 ways to improve your overall consciousness of good and increase your chance for success:
1. State what you're grateful for. Every night, write down 3 things you're grateful for. In doing so, you're directing your subconscious to find more to appreciate. Studies show that doing this can improve your positive attitude for months and increase your productive energy.
2. Put yourself on a criticism diet. When you criticize anything in your life, you're focusing on the negative. And that instructs the subconscious to bring more to criticize into your life. Criticism contracts and destroys. Praise expands and builds. That's why gratitude is so important.
3. Look for the good in everything. Whenever you seek to find the gold in a seemingly unhappy situation, you're instructing your creative mind to find a benefit from it. If this exercise is a stretch for you, then focus on the small joys of life. Pay attention to whatever good happens during the day, no matter how tiny or insignficant it might be. Dwell on the delight.
4. Remember your successes. Bring to mind how you've met and overcome challenges, even if they're small. Linger over them, impressing their positive images and emotions on your mind. Remind yourself that if you could do it once, you can build on it and do it again in a bigger way.
5. Take time to meditate. Not only does meditation reduce stress, it builds resources for you to draw on in challenging times. To begin with, you can simply observe your breath going in and out for 2 minutes. This trains your mind to quiet down. As you get comfortable with that length, you can extend the session a minute at a time.
Build a well of optimism for yourself, and when you set a goal, you'll have all of that positive energy that can be used to focus on it. Only by increasing and improving the overall quality of your thoughts will you be able to achieve the success you desire and deserve.
Copyright © 2009-2018 Linda Ann Stewart
As a vision strategist, hypnotherapist, and speaker, Linda-Ann Stewart helps women entrepreneurs who feel stuck, immobilized and overwhelmed to gain clarity, focus, and get back in control so they're able to accelerate to the next level of their business. Sign up for her FREE guide, "Take Control of Your Day," at www.Linda-AnnStewart.com/guide-takecontrol.html.You can contact her at LAS@Linda-AnnStewart.com or 928-600-0452.
| Home * Speaking *
What Clients Say
* Vision Strategy
Coaching * Hypnotherapy * About
Free Articles * Blog * Recommended Reading * Self-Hypnosis CD's * Stress Hypnosis CD's
Copyright © 2009-2018 Linda Ann